Do you feel caught between a rock and a hard place?
There’s a grey area where roles are too senior or specialist to be effectively fulfilled by a standard agency approach, and too junior to justify retained executive search.
This area presents a hiring dilemma to employers and internal recruitment firms.
And this is particularly the case when it comes to hiring salespeople.
Are you a hiring manager?
- Are you missing out on lost sales?
- Is recruitment getting in the way of selling?
- Is time to hire costing you lost revenue?
Are you a recruitment director or internal recruiter?
- Do you find you’ve got 80% of your roles covered beautifully?
- Are you struggling to find the time to invest in filling that 20% of roles which require more time? At a time when you're already maxed?
- Does it worry you that if you allocate these roles to a recruitment agency they won't represent your brand well? Or whether or not they'll add value to you – to reduce your workload rather than add to it?
Is recruitment costing you time and lost sales?
- If you find yourself faced with these dilemmas you’re not alone.
- This is especially true when it comes to hiring specialist, senior salespeople.
- These kind of vacancies come with their own set of unique challenges.
You can find out more here, in our FREE white paper: Are these mistakes costing you top sales talent?
Are you struggling to hire sales talent?
In the tech sector, there’s high growth and no commensurate growth in the talent pool!
Are you recruiting into roles such as these?
- Account Executive / Account Manager
- New business sales / Sales Executive
- Partner Sales / Channel Sales / ISV Sales
- Account Director / Client Director
- Strategic Account Manager
- Alliances Director
These are role types that you will find easy to spend a lot of time interviewing people who are nearly right but also far from right! And rarely will you find yourself interviewing someone who is on the mark. Recruitment can become a “time thief”.
The role types you struggle to hire into, above, are ones in which we have considerable expertise and a large people network / talent base we can tap into. If you’re in SaaS / software or tech we can help you.
Are you frustrated and held back by these problems? And are they costing you valuable time and lost sales?
Often employers will incentivise specialist firms to invest more time in the vacancy, deliver a specialist service by providing an exclusive arrangement and repeat business. For this to work well, the recruitment firm needs to have confidence in the employer, strong knowledge of exactly what is required and how to sell it, and that the employer will be responsive – since they are carrying all of the risk.
Are you looking for a proven model?
Here’s some of the companies we’ve helped before:
- Eden Ventures
- Root Capital
- software ag
- Xactly Corp
Do you want more successful hiring outcomes?
Here’s some our success stories. Successful hires through us have achieved breakthrough results for our clients:
If you are looking for a service far beyond file search and much closer to all the best things headhunting represents – then it’s time to re-think recruitment.
If you can’t justify a retainer because the level of the role doesn’t quite warrant it, sit down with us and let’s work out a different approach which works better.
Call me to discuss your needs or fix a time to meet.
Robert Tearle, Managing Director
Robert Tearle Consulting, Warnford Court, 29 Throgmorton Street, London EC2N 2AT
International Tel: + 44 207 947 4142 | Tel: 0207 947 4142
Robert Tearle Consulting is the trading style of Arena Search & Selection Limited, a limited company incorporated in England under number 4041116, registered office: The Old Bakehouse, Course Rd, Ascot SL5 7HL